Thursday, July 26, 2012

Tornado In Elmira

You may have heard recently on the national news about a tornado in a a small upstate New York town named Elmira.

I live fairly close to the area, and I got hit with the storm as well. The storm wasn't bad here, so I was skeptical to believe that there was a tornado. I figured everyone was overreacting. It appears that there has been a tornado.

This is strange since Elmira is located in a valley. Last year we were hit with a tornado like storm also.

I have no pictures because I haven't visited the town but here are some pictures I have taken off from Twitter of people I follow from Elmira.

*Updated* I went into the city and added some picture I took. It was a lot less damage than I did expect. Here are some pictures including a nyseg truck, police car, and some trees down.
A police officer patrols an area in Elmira
A fire most likely from an electric wire


A section closed off. Look closely, this was probably the biggest tree I saw down. 
A section of trees down in Wisner Park. You can also see a flag pole down.
NYSEG Truck going out to restore power to Elmira

No comments:

Post a Comment